Privacy and Cookie Statement
Who we are
Eurogas, with registered address Avenue de Cortenbergh 172, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, is the owner of this website and is data controller for all personal data collected through this website. You can learn more about us on the “About us” pages.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, you may provide us with information about yourself or your company, such as your name, email, address or login password, that we may need to correspond with you or to enter the content restricted for our members. We will store your personal data only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected. Providing your personal data is entirely voluntary, however, if you refrain to do so, you won’t be able to use all our services, such as entering the content restricted to our members.
We want to ensure that our website and services are easy to use and reliable. To achieve this, we may use on our website a technology called “cookies”, which is a piece of information that our website places on your computer (more specifically your browser) when you access our website.
The cookies used on our website do not store your email address or other directly identifying personal data. They do however enable us to recognise your visit, remember your preferences and understand how you interact with our website through the technical information provided by the cookies.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are necessary to facilitate basic site functionality. Without these cookies, our website cannot provide the service you request. These cookies for example recognise your session so that you stay logged in after going to another page on our website.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use our website, measuring how many and how people are using our website, so the website can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity. For these purposes, we use for example the Google Analytics cookies. You can read more on Google Analytics at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/cookie-usage.
We do not use targeting or tracking cookies on our website.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how cookie settings are managed by your web browser. On most browsers you can also view technical information on each cookie we use, such as their retention period. For more general information on cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Why we use your personal data
We will use your personal data only for the following purposes:
- To answer the question you may ask us.
- To enable you to log in to the content restricted to members.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To manage our website.
Who receives your personal data
Eurogas will not share your personal data with any third parties, except:
- if you request us to do so,
- with our service provider(s) who help us manage the website,
- in other situations, such as, but not limited to, to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law, a court order, administrative process or judicial process or subpoena
If personal data is shared as mentioned above, we seek to limit the scope of data that is furnished to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require recipients to protect your personal data and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Your right of access
You have the right to access your personal data in order to ensure that your personal data is still accurate and up to date. You have the right to ask us if we hold any personal data on you by making an access request. If we hold information about you, we will explain what we have, why we’re holding it and who it could be disclosed to. You may also request to have a copy of the information in an intelligible form. If we hold personal data about you that is incorrect, you may request for us to correct any mistake in the same manner. To make such a request, please see the section How to Contact Us below.
How we secure your personal data
We recognise the importance of information security, and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. We have established technical means, procedures and policies to preserve the integrity, confidentiality and privacy of your personal data, during its collection, use, transfer and storage while under our control.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us to receive more information on how we process your personal data, please visit Eurogas’ „Contact“ page to learn how to contact us.
Changes to the privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Privacy and Cookie Statement at any time and for any reason. For this reason, we urge you to review this statement from time to time while you are visiting our website. We will, however, bring explicitly to your attention any operational change that could impact on the choices you have made on our website regarding the processing of your personal data. The Privacy and Cookie Statement was last updated on 15 February 2017.